This update is mainly a giant refactor to the codebase (read: turning a tacked-together prototype into something I can sustain) but has a few added benefits.
- Selectable controller input (instead of relying on auto detection). For the best experience, still use your Xbox 360 controller
- Pulsed movement controls – moving forward with your analog joystick will be converted into a varying sequence of “w-w-w”s for precision walking without holding shift. Looking around is also variable too
- Togglable walking
- Future support for other handy things – saving preferences, custom gamepad and keyboard mapping for other controllers and other games
- Increased accuracy and refiring of buttons
Regressions from 1.0.1:
- If Java can’t load any JInput devices, you won’t see an error message – just no controllers to select
- Switching to/from your inventory doesn’t change the look sensitivity. You can still change sensitivity any time by pressing Xbox’s Select button.
If you’ve already got Minecontrol 1.0.1 installed, just launch the app again to get the update. Otherwise, have your browser open this link here (Java 1.5+ required).
As always, full source code is freely available at Bitbucket .