Formerly “Hg-PHP”, phpHgAdmin is the re-branded v1.1.x release of the Mercurial repository management project.
The minor version bump is for
- extended support for special characters in config files
- multi-profile support, so multiple hgweb.config files can be maintained from one phpHgAdmin installation
- user interface can be completely controlled by a theme pack, with a WordPress look & feel
- significantly cleaned and re-structured, with caching
- install utility: phpHgAdmin config validator
Upgrade instructions: recommend a fresh install. v1.1 now uses the ‘paths’ group instead of ‘collections’ in hgweb.config. These changes should be manually carried out. You should manually repair the hgweb.config file. An entry:
/path/to/repo/name = name
should now be referred to as
name = /path/to/repo/name
You still get all the same benefits from the previous 1.0 release
- create and delete repositories
- edit individual repository (hgrc) config in real-time
- optimistic concurrency control: safeguard against unintentional config overwrites
- translations-ready for your language
- Installation of Mercurial, serving repositories with it’s web interface (basic installation and setup instructions )
- Server write permissions to Mercurial’s web repo registry, typically “hgweb.config”
- Server write permissions to where repositories are held
- Server write permissions to a local scratch space (installation default is the included ‘lock’ directory)
phpHgAdmin features much looser installation requirements. hgweb.config and the repositories folder no longer need to live in the same directory as they did in v1.0.x.
- Extract the v1.1.x zip archive.
- All the files within the /admin folder (including .htaccess) can be placed in your web root directory, or a subdirectory of your web server.
- Edit the /admin/application/config/phphgadmin.php configuration script, making changes where appropriate with basic PHP syntax. Full documentation on configurable items are within this file.
- Edit the .htacess file if necessary, i.e. to impose basic HTTP authentication or if installing anywhere other than as a subdirectory named ‘admin’ .
- Access checkinstall.php from your web browser. This script resides at the root level of the phpHgAdmin install. This script can be deleted from the web server at any time. When all tests pass, this indicates your installation of phpHgAdmin is ready to use!
- Mercurial reports “the specified repository is unknown” or similar error when accessing pages of phpHgAdmin: Edit the .htaccess file which resides with index.php, looking for the lines containing “admin/index.php”. This configuration works when phpHgAdmin is installed ashttp://yourdomain/admin/. Fix accordingly.
Also special thanks to Daniel (dacon) whose feedback helped push this project past v1.0 😛
And as always, your feedback is much appreciated and taken into consideration when planning the next version!
Edit: FAQ, special thanks.